Heyday is an independent, nonprofit publisher and unique cultural institution. We promote widespread awareness and celebration of California’s many cultures, landscapes, and boundary-breaking ideas. Through our well-crafted books, public events, and innovative outreach programs we are building a vibrant community of readers, writers, and thinkers.
Heyday’s Grants Manager is responsible for a program that raises approximately $1 million a year from government and foundation grants, and partnerships. This is a full-time position and reports to the Publisher.
The Manager is responsible for identifying and securing new and ongoing sources of grants funding, as well as tracking and maintain several of Heyday’s existing foundation funding sources (writing reports, submitting applications, corresponding with foundation staff).
The Manager oversees the preparation of grants proposals, reports, and tracks donated income to ensure the organization meets its goals.
The Manager maintains the development database, inputting data, processing gifts, generating acknowledgments, and pulling data and reports.
The Manager attends Heyday acquisition and schedule meetings, providing expertise on subvention for book projects.
The Manager attends the board Development Committee to help promote development-focused initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Two or more years’ experience in development for a cultural nonprofit, including experience with foundations and project-based funding
- Knowledge of California’s philanthropic and cultural landscapes
- Experience in or an understanding of book publishing
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about framing projects in ways that are attractive to a variety of funders
- Meticulous organizational skills for tracking grant applications and deadlines
- An eagerness to engage with Heyday’s creative teams of authors, artists, and editorial staff
This is a full-time, salaried position, and the salary is commensurate with experience. Heyday benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance, and a savings 401K plan.
Please send a résumé and cover letter to Emmerich Anklam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Heyday is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and we will take affirmative action against discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of our activities or operations.